Here you will know why bisabolol is so good for the skin! Surely you have sometimes used chamomile to treat different conditions such as gastrointestinal disorders, wounds, or even eye and skin infections due to its beneficial anti-inflammatory and calming properties. But do you know what the active ingredient responsible for these properties is? Coming up next, we tell you!
What is bisabolol?
We all know and have taken advantage of the many healing properties of chamomile and its essential oil. However, little is said about bisabolol or alpha-bisabolol, the component capable of providing us with such versatility of benefits, especially for the skin. It's a plant extract obtained by distillation of the chamomile flower area and one of the main active ingredients of chamomile essential oil.
What is bisabolol used for?
We use chamomile as an infusion to soothe intestinal discomfort, promote sleep, as a diuretic or to treat eye and dermatological infections. Focusing on external and topical use, the alpha-bisabolol component is responsible for all the benefits that chamomile brings to your skin. Its beneficial properties make it an element of plant origin with countless functions, thus being found in facial and body care treatments and oral, and in cosmetics for Treat sensitive or anti-inflammatory skin. In fact, the ideal is for products such as creams, after-sun, post-depilatory lotions, after-shave or baby lotions to have bisabolol in their ingredients.
**There are products with alpha-bisabolol in their ingredients, but not as the main ingredient. In fact, according to the Institute of Dermocosmetics, the dose is usually 0.1 to 0.8% of the total formula**
Why will it fascinate you?
- For its excellent properties for your skin: regenerating, anti-inflammatory, soothing, healing, protective, softening, desensitizing, anti-irritant, antioxidant.
- For its wide variety of applications and dermatological benefits in cosmetics. Among them:
- It is a great ally for the most sensitive skin: tolerated by all skin types.
- Excellent active ingredient for the protection of the most sensitive skin.
- Ideal for protecting the skin from dermal stress (for more information: Dermal stress, what is it and how does it affect us? ).
- Soothes sensitive and irritated skin: especially after shaving, waxing, sun exposure, etc.
- Healing, anti-inflammatory and healing agent.
- Accelerates healing processes.
- Restores skin flexibility.
- Improves skin absorption and enhances the penetration of cosmetic ingredients into the skin.
- Effective for controlling body odor.
How do we introduce bisabolol into GGcare?
At GGcare we help you improve the well-being of your skin through the best ingredients and combinations in our products. For this reason, we decided to introduce bisabolol into our GGcare Soothing Body Cream and chamomile essential oil in the GGcare repair oil , so you can take advantage of the benefits of this component of plant origin, ideal for caring for your skin, as a lotion or oil depending on your need.
Now that you know a little more about bisabolol, don't hesitate to take your moment to relax by applying the soothing body cream and repairing oil to your face to pamper your skin accompanied by a chamomile infusion to continue cultivating your well-being!
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact our team. We will be happy to listen to you and help you!