At GGcare, we like to take care of ourselves and enjoy the wonders of nature. Therefore, now that the good weather is approaching, we want to recommend the forest bathing . Experiential walks that seek to leave behind the frenetic pace of cities to connect with nature and with yourself . It can be practiced individually or in company and provides many health benefits!
What is forest bathing?
Is a immersion in nature , a relaxing and therapeutic experience for all people and ages. It is a type of active meditation that stimulates the senses and consciousness of the hour" connecting the purest interior of each one with the environment. It consists of immersing yourself in the forest walking calmly. Breathe consciously and focus on your surroundings, listen, perceive textures, smells, etc., mimicking the atmosphere and natural rhythm of the forest. The goal is to take a “little break” or “ change of pace ” to improve health and well-being. Leave behind the pace of life and the saturation that digitalization has brought, to focus on the essentials of nature and oneself.
Benefits of forest bathing
Walking surrounded by nature allows you to inhale phytoncides (essential oils released by trees with very healthy therapeutic properties for the body), exercise, relax and reconnect with nature.
- They improve bonds and self-love.
- They recover the connection with nature and help to value it more.
- They activate the senses and awareness of the present.
- They reduce cortisol levels (the stress hormone) and blood pressure.
- They calm, calm the mind and allow tension to be released.
- They increase well-being and health by relieving stress-related pathologies.
- They increase attention, concentration, creativity, mood and optimism.
- They strengthen the immune system and balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems.
How to do forest bathing?