Broccoli, essential in a healthy diet
Fresh and recently picked seasonal vegetables, from which we can make the most of all their nutrients, vitamins and minerals. At each time of the year, choose the products that Mother Nature offers us and nourish yourself in a healthy and conscious way. This week GGcare wants to share with you a seasonal recipe
Do you know how many properties and benefits broccoli has?
Broccoli/broccoli is one of the vegetables with the most benefits for our body thanks to the phytochemicals and antioxidants it contains. It is considered a Superfood . It belongs to the cabbage family so it is a product that we obtain in cold months. The season starts in October until April.
It only gives you advantages:
- Prevents the appearance of cancer (prostate, breast, stomach, colon or lung) thanks to Glucosinolates.
- Minerals: Potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, zinc and iodine.
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, E, B3 (niacin), B1 (thiamine), B9 (folate) and beta-carotenes.
- Macronutrients and a very low fat content (its caloric value is only 35 kcal/a00 gr.)
- A great contribution of fiber that helps eliminate cholesterol in the blood.
- Increases iron absorption and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Take care of your eyesight by delaying the appearance of cataracts and macular degeneration.
- It promotes the proper functioning of the nervous and muscular systems due to its nutritional properties.
You can consume broccoli raw in a salad or steamed, baked, grilled, mashed, as a filling for lasagna, cannelloni or fresh pasta. There are many ways to prepare broccoli. At GGcare we offer you an exquisite and very simple one. Take note!
Broccoli cream with parmesan shavings and pine nuts
Nutritious, with many benefits to contribute to your body, with an exquisite flavor and if you follow the simple steps, with a spectacular presence.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 800 gr. broccoli / broccoli (one small)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 small potato
- water until it covers
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 wedge of parmesan
- sea salt
- In a saucepan, add the oil and sauté the onion a little.
- Add the chopped potato.
- Season and stir gently. Add the broccoli florets (washed carefully with cold water).
- Cover with water and boil for 15 min.
- Remove from the heat and separate a little of the resulting broth.
- Blend the vegetables well until it has a creamy texture and if it is too thick, thin it with the broth that you have separated from the cooking (all the vitamins are in it).
- Add a teaspoon of virgin olive oil, taste and adjust for salt. Stir manually gently to emulsify the cream and it will be ready.
- With a potato peeler, make shavings with the parmesan.
- You can toast the pine nuts in a pan over medium heat.
- You just have to plate the cream and place in the center, forming a little mountain, the parmesan shavings, the pine nuts to your liking and grind a little black pepper.
You can replace the pine nuts with pumpkin seeds, chia seeds or flax seeds. Any cured, smoked cheese will give it a special touch. You design your plate.