When these important dates arrive, we tend to put aside our diet, the truth is that it is not necessary. We propose 5 healthy starters and maintain your regimen this New Year's Eve!
Enjoy the best healthy starters for your New Year's Eve dinner
Starters are usually the first dish that appears on the menu, and can be either hot or cold. Here you will find 5 easy recipes for healthy starters for this New Year's Eve to leave your guests satisfied.
Baked Cauliflower with Turmeric
- In a small bowl, mix 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of ground cumin, 2 tablespoons of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper and 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Cut the cauliflower into small trees and split them in half to make them easier. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl.
- Pour the spice mixture over the cauliflower and mix very well with a spatula until all the cauliflower pieces are covered.
- Preheat the oven to 170º C and place the cauliflower pieces on a tray previously covered with baking paper and spread them well. Bake for 30 minutes until the cauliflower begins to brown.
- Serve the baked cauliflower and accompany it if you want with your favorite sauce.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat 350 g of feta cheese, 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 225 g of block cream cheese, a splash of extra virgin olive oil and the juice and zest of 1 lemon until Make sure there is a smooth mixture.
- Season with salt and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and add 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and top with ½ cup chopped cucumber, ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes, dill, and a drizzle of oil.
- Serve the dip with toasted pita bread.
- Cut a melon in half. Next, remove the seeds. Using a ball scoop, scoop out 24 balls from the melon.
- Place a melon ball on a skewer stick, followed by 1 basil leaf, 1 mozzarella cheese ball, 1 slice of Serrano ham, and a second melon ball to complete the skewer.
- Repeat this procedure until you fill 12 skewers.
- In a frying pan, sauté very finely chopped onion. When it is golden, add minced meat and leave it for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add natural tomato sauce and let it rest for 3 min.
- Fill the small wafers with the sofrito and close them by pressing the edges with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, cover a tray with baking paper and place the empanadas. Beat an egg and paint them.
- Put the empanadas in the oven for 10 min.
- Cut a loaf of bread into slices and spread unsalted butter.
- Put a piece of smoked salmon that covers the entire slice.
- Garnish with chopped dill.