The urine leaks They can affect us in various areas, but, above all, in our welfare . Although incontinence can appear for various reasons, it is usually due to weakening of the pelvic muscles and constipation. We tell you some tips to prevent it and exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor.
Tips to prevent urine loss
- maintain a good intimate hygiene .
- Maintain a diet rich in fiber and avoid ultra-processed foods and drinks.
- Avoid excess fluids: it is necessary to drink 1.5 L of water a day, but it is important to dose well.
- Avoid tobacco.
- Avoid very tight clothing.
- Urinate before going to sleep.
- Practice gentle activities daily and consistently.
- Regular medical visits.
Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor
There are several ways to strengthen the pelvic floor and control the bladder. Devices, medical treatments and, of course, specific activities such as:
1) Hypopressive abs
2) Kegel exercises
They can be executed in different ways. The point is to contract and relax the muscles in the area to strengthen them and be able to control or prevent urine loss.
Lying position with legs bent. Breathe in through your nose, puffing out your belly. Remove all the air through your mouth while you empty your belly. 10 repetitions.
Contract your pelvic muscles for 5 seconds while breathing. Rest 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
Contract and relax your pelvic muscles as quickly as you can. 10 repetitions.
Imagine that the vagina is a 5-story building. Climb each plant, holding for 1 second each and without stopping contracting at any time. Then go down, relaxing the muscles progressively as you pass through each floor. Also hold for a second on each plant. Don't forget to breathe.
- Empty your bladder before starting.
- Do not hold your breath.
- Close your eyes to focus on breathing and muscle contractions.
- Wear GGcare repairing oil to better work the intimate area.
- Repeat the exercises 3 times a day.