Protect your body with lemon every day
Lemon is a powerful ally for our body. Contains: vitamin B, C, E, potassium, phosphorus, iron and fluoride.
The best technique to take advantage of the properties of lemon is to consume it whole because the rind contains up to 10 times more vitamin C and nutrients than the juice.
It is a food that we should include in our diet daily because it improves our health and prevents us from diseases such as anxiety, depression or cancer tumors.
Properties that the consumption of lemon gives us
Regulates the digestive system
- We know that drinking warm water on an empty stomach activates our digestive system, however if we add half a lemon juice we will achieve the maximum disinfection of the intestines and strengthen them. Naturally detoxifies and decongests the liver and stomach.
- Prevents constipation and reduces intestinal gas.
- It is a great antiseptic and antimicrobial. Very effective against internal parasites.
- Restores hydration and the minerals that we lose daily, enhancing internal cleansing and detoxification (essential to maintain healthy liver and kidneys)
Cares and rejuvenates the skin
- It is very astringent. Cleans and eliminates excess oil and toxins from our skin.
- Reduces wrinkles, free radicals and spots.
- It is the best moisturizing cream for our hands (massage your hands with lemon juice until they dry on their own; you will not need to dry them and they will be soft and with a very pleasant aroma)
- Thanks to its alkaline content, it balances PH levels and eliminates acidity from the body (including uric acid from the joints)
- It helps us when we want to lose weight, thanks to the fiber it contains and its diuretic power.
- Strengthens the health of your mouth and thanks to its antibacterial properties, it keeps your breath fresh.
It prevents illnesses
- Its ascorbic acid (Vit. C) is a great nutrient that is very essential to keep our bones and cartilage healthy naturally, in addition to healing wounds.
- It hydrates the lymphatic system and provides us with energy in times of fatigue, low blood pressure, insomnia, anxiety.
- It reduces depression and stress, increases our mood and clears our mind by stimulating cognitive and nervous function.
- Scientific studies tell us that it prevents the growth of cancer cells, so its intake prevents us from malignant tumors, due to its alkalinity.
Take note of 3 ways to introduce lemon into your daily diet
1. warm water with lemon (on an empty stomach)
Warm water with lemon is a fantastic cure for your interior if you drink it on an empty stomach every morning when you wake up. Try and change to this habit and in a few weeks you will see a great change in your body and health.
Preparation : squeeze half a lemon into a glass. Add warm water (because cold liquid makes the stomach work much harder). It is now ready to drink.
*It is wonderful if we add half a teaspoon of baking soda to lemon water. You make your water provide more alkalinity and cleanliness to your interior, preparing your body to start the day in perfect condition.
2. frozen whole lemon
Lemon peel contains 10 times more vitamin C than its juice. In addition, it is very versatile and we can use it in any dish and time of day.
Preparation : it is very simple, preferably we will choose lemons that are organically grown or that we know have not been treated with pesticides so that they provide us with maximum benefits.
Wash and dry the lemons well. Put them in the freezer for about 2 hours. It is a very good idea to always have 2 or 3 frozen lemons and replace them as we use them. That easy! You just have to zest the frozen lemon and consume it.
*Put your imagination to work and sprinkle grated lemon on salads, pasta or its sauce, rice, soups, chicken, sushi, drinks and ice creams or natural homemade pastries. Your recipes and foods will surprise you with their wonderful flavor and the improvement you will find in your health.
3. Lemon peel tea
Lemon tea is very simple and you can drink it throughout the day, between meals, to accompany a lunch or snack, before or after meals. You can keep it cold in the refrigerator or heat it when you eat it.
Preparation : put approximately a liter of water in a saucepan (if it is filtered much better). Add the rind of 2 or 3 lemons and let it boil for 15 minutes. Strain and you can add some mint or mint leaves to your liking, honey or stevia to sweeten, or grated, sliced ginger.
*In summer it is delicious very cold, to combat the heat and have a healthy drink prepared for any time of day. You can add ice and you will have a natural soft drink.