The most complete and healthy of cereals
It belongs to the food group of grains and flours. Of all the cereals, it is the most complete due to its high amounts of good quality protein, 7 amino acids, healthy fats, B vitamins and minerals: vitamin E, B1, B2, B3 and B6. magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, folic acid, calcium, silicon, copper.
Know its properties and benefits
- The quality of proteins It depends on the amino acids they contain. In the case of oats, their proteins contain 7 of the total of 9 that exist. So it is the cereal that provides us with the most protein and the best quality of all. Only by accompanying legume oatmeal do we consume quality protein per day (compared to a steak)
- Minerals : Silicon (other cereals do not contain it). Essential for the interior of the veins, hair, nails, dermis and is an excellent conductor within the area of neurons.
- Carbohydrates: It provides us with 69% of carbohydrates, they are very easy to assimilate by our pancreas , called slow metabolizers because they give us a feeling of satiety and release energy as our body needs it . Improves memory, calms mint and helps concentration. Helps perform more physically and mentally.
- High fiber content soluble It means that it absorbs water, excess bad cholesterol and toxins from our blood and promotes the increase of good cholesterol.
- It controls diabetes , prevents constipation, is a diuretic, laxative and a protector of the gastric mucosa.
- Slimming . 7% are carbohydrates , thanks to them our body regulates itself, maintaining an optimal and stable weight. Overweight people tend to lose weight.
- Great contribution of mucilage and fructose . The first is the substance that covers the digestive system and protects us by forming a film. It is like a prebiotic that prepares and conditions the interior of the intestine for its proper functioning. Fructose is what facilitates the release of insulin and decreases blood glucose levels achieving stability in diabetics.
- It is a great Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory and a great restorative.
- Strengthens the immune system due to its high beta-glucan content.
- Protects us against cancer . Oats act as a powerful cleanser in our digestive system. Performs excellent cleaning in the form of a sweep, dragging all toxic particles (oncological treatments, medications, processed products, etc ...) that we accumulate inside. Protects the body from some types of cancer (breast, colon, prostate)
- Natural aphrodisiac because it increases fertility and stimulates libido.
- Skin : cares for sensitive skin or skin with dermatitis, psoriasis, itching. Rejuvenates and repairs the dermis.
- Regulates hypertension. It helps keep our heart healthy and fit.
- Natural relaxant very helpful in reducing The insomnia and rest. Helps control states of depression, anxiety and stress (taken regularly).
- It contains up to 10% gluten , depending on the type of process to which it has been subjected. Celiacs must take this into account, Always check the labeling and it is highly advisable to take organic.
you can take it
- Currently we can find it in supermarkets as well as all diet and natural food stores . It is highly recommended to choose the ORGANIC because we make sure to consume its high contribution of nutrients.
- We find it in various formats: whole grain, flakes, flour, bran, milk, infusion, heavy cream.
- The most common and easiest to consume and use in our dishes are flakes, drinks, infusions.
- For breakfast we can prepare a muesli , a porridge (boil the oats in water or milk and add healthy foods such as nuts, cocoa, fruits, cinnamon, honey...)
- In our dishes we can add oats to salads, make pancakes, and a wide variety of creams and purees.
- In Germany it is customary to drink it as an infusion. It is extraordinary for fluid retention and inflammation. Instead of drinking water, drink oatmeal infusion and you will see the results (you will find it in herbal and diet stores)
- Oat milk cream is a great novelty. It replaces common heavy cream in sauces, creams, bechameles, having the same consistency and a sweet flavor. You will be able to avoid bloating or gas after meals.
- Nowadays we find soy, almond, oat, coconut, tiger nut drinks on the market... You will notice the advantages of consuming oat milk (oat drink) because you will feel light, you will have better digestion and its flavor and consistency is very pleasant.