Summer is approaching and with it high temperatures, which enhance fluid retention. What can be the causes that cause fluid retention?
The causes may have different origins. It is considered a pathology when it is caused by circulatory problems, heart failure and other kidney or liver diseases. If this retention is not pathological, its causes may be:
- Insufficient hydration
- Inadequate diet, with a high consumption of foods rich in salt
- Follow a sedentary lifestyle, spending many hours standing or sitting
- Hormonal changes
To prevent this retention or solve it, we give you the following tips that will help you reduce it: follow a balanced and varied diet, follow an active lifestyle or consume more than one and a half liters of water a day, among others.
At GGCare we propose five foods that will help you reduce fluid retention thanks to their high water content and diuretic power.
- Pineapple: It contains 85% water as well as a high potassium content. It helps eliminate liquids thanks to its components, which make it one of the most diuretic foods. It can be consumed chopped or in juice.
- Artichoke: It is considered a cleansing food, it can be consumed whole, or by drinking the water after boiling it. They can be consumed in various ways; sautéed, baked, boiled, steamed...
- Avocado: It is high in vitamins, potassium and magnesium, which is why it is recommended to take it to eliminate fluids, although in moderation, since if you are following a low-calorie diet you should not abuse it. It can be consumed on toast, salad...
- Asparagus: They contain vitamins, minerals and are rich in potassium. This last component helps the elimination of fluids and stimulates the activity of the kidneys. You can have them grilled or baked, always with a little oil.
- Zucchini: contains a high percentage of water. In addition, it is a natural source of fiber. Thanks to this, it is considered a diuretic food. This food can be consumed in several ways: grilled, boiled, in cream or even raw in a salad or in the form of spaghetti.
We hope we have helped you with our advice!